UPDATED: BREAKING NEWS: Students Evacuated After Smoke Fills Hallway In New Haven Middle School

UPDATED:
NEW HAVEN, Mo
. -11:22 a.m. - New Haven Superintendent Kyle Kruse said that at 10:45 a.m. fire crews located the source that caused smoke to fill a hall way in the Middle School.  Kruse said that an an older electric motor part of the schools ventilation system had over heated, thus the cause of the smoke.

Firefighters began testing the air quality.  At 11:05 New Haven Firefighters informed school officials that the air quality throughout both buildings had returned to normal and was safe for students to return from the Memorial Baptist Church were students had been evacuated to.

At 11:18 all students were transported back to the school and have resumed their normal class schedule.

Kruse said that school would resume as scheduled and there were no injuries during the evacuation process.


10:33 a.m. According to New Haven Superintendent Kyle Kruse, all students in both the high school and middle school have been evacuated to the Memorial Baptist Church at smoke caused the fire alarm to go off.

Kruse said that at approximately 9:40 a.m. was when smoke began filling a hallway in the Middle School.  New Haven Fire Crews are on the scene and investigating as to where the smoke came from.

Kruse emphasized that all students were safely evacuated.

We will keep you updated as more information becomes available.